It is definitely the time to find the real diabetes remedies, especially after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed staggering diabetes statistics. According to its latest data, 30.3 million Americans are diabetics and at least 7 million of this total is those who don’t know they have it.
It is not only the dramatic increase in the number of diabetics that show how it is becoming an epidemic but also how it affects even children and teens of less than 18 years old, accounting for a total of 132,000 young diabetics.
Adding to the problem is the prevalence of pre-diabetes cases in the US, reaching almost 34 million adults diagnosed with it in the year 2015 alone. These people have above normal glucose levels but below the threshold defined of the disease. Pre-diabetics are at higher risk of developing Type 2 diabetes without proper intervention.
And with a growing number of people with diabetes and those who are in the pre-diabetes stage comes an increase in the cost of medical expenditure, totalling to $245 billion in the US alone. In addition, the American Diabetes Association also reported an average of $13,700 yearly on medical expenditure. If you’d be one of the statistics, you’d also spend about 2.3 times higher than the medical spending of those without diabetes.
Reversing Diabetes: The 5 Step Plan Of Diabetes Remedies
Try Home Natural Remedies for Diabetes
Did you know that certain foods directly affect your blood sugar levels, trigger the immune responses of your body and lead to inflammation of the cells? If you’re looking for natural cures, take a look at your diet and cross out the following foods in your meals.
- Refined sugar: Foods with refined sugar can increase blood glucose levels, and some of these include fruit juice, soda and other sugary drinks. Refined sugars enter your bloodstream fast, leading to a spike in your blood glucose level. If you’re substituting it with natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey, be sure to use them only occasionally because they still affect your sugar levels.
- Grains, such as those containing gluten like wheat, have high levels of carbohydrates, which can be broken down by your body into sugar in a few minutes. They can lead to intestinal inflammation, affecting leptin and cortisol and causing blood sugar spikes.
- Cow’s milk must be eliminated especially if you have type I diabetes.
- Hydrogenated oils, such as vegetable oil, cottonseed oils and canola oil, must also be crossed out.
- GMO foods, such as GMO soy, canola and corn are associated with liver and kidney diseases and diabetes. That is why you should also get rid of these foods in your diet.
- Alcohol causes liver toxicity and blood sugar increase, a definite reason to skip drinking.
Add These Foods Into Your Diet
- High-fiber foods can slow down glucose absorption, support detoxification and control blood sugar levels A few sources include peas, Brussels sprouts and artichokes as well as seeds and nuts.
- Magnesium-dense foods, as they play a significant role in glucose metabolism and blood sugar levels, must be added into your diet. Get it from almonds, pumpkin seeds and yogurt.
- Chromium-rich foods are also important, as they can improve your body’s glucose tolerance and aids in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Some choices include green beans, raw cheese and broccoli, which has the highest amount of chromium of them all.
- Low glycemic foods, such as stone fruits, non-starchy vegetables, raw pastured dairy and wild fish, are great for fighting diabetes as well.
- Healthy fats, including medium-chain fatty acid sources, such as red palm oil and coconut oil can balance your blood sugar levels and supply energy, so be sure to add them on your grocery list.
- Protein-rich foods help in controlling blood sugar levels and slowing down glucose absorption. A few sources to choose are bone broth, eggs, lentils and organic chicken.
Take Diabetes Supplements
Improve your insulin sensitivity by taking 200 micrograms of this nutrient. Taking it daily will also reduce hyperinsulinemia and in hyperglycemia.
It helps in raising HDL levels while reducing triglyceride levels. Studies had it that omega-3 fatty acids are needed for normal insulin function in the body, greatly reducing inflammation and preventing insulin resistance.
It improves insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar levels. Based on a Western University of Health Sciences study, its consumption greatly reduced glucose levels, triglyceride levels and LDL cholesterol. It also helped in improving HDL cholesterol levels of participants.
Bitter Melon Extract
It helps in reducing blood glucose levels and controls the body’s insulin consumption. In addition, BME also helps in reducing the symptoms of the disease, including heart complications, insulin resistance and blood vessel damage.
Have a Proper Eating Plan
You should focus on having plenty of fiber, protein and healthy fats into your meal to learn how to cure diabetes naturally. Use a combination of foods going forward in your diet. Don’t pressure yourself though.
Make little changes one at a time. Eventually, you can adapt a healthy eating plan, combining the foods and supplements mentioned. At first, changes might seem hard, but they’re worth your while and effort for their positive effects in your body.
Balance your blood sugar levels through exercise, which is one of the most useful ways of reversing diabetes naturally. This diabetes cure also helps in delaying or preventing type 2 diabetes and improving your blood sugar level.
Exercise also positively affects your heart health, blood pressure and life quality. With regular workouts, you can effectively support your metabolism and reverse diabetes in the end.
You don’t have to spend hours at the gym to incorporate exercise into your daily routine, though. Instead, start with the basic forms of activities, such as walking for at least 20 minutes a day, ideally after meals, or practicing yoga for diabetes at home.
Moreover, interval-training cardio can also help, and it includes weight training or burst training for up to five days a week, each session at least 20 minutes.
There you have the natural remedies for diabetes that you may want to consider now. They’re easy, natural cure for diabetes that will help you reduce the symptoms, lower your risk and ultimately prevent you from acquiring diabetes type II.
After all, prevention is still the best medicine out there. Learning how to reverse the disease naturally is the key to a healthy and diabetes-free life. Follow these diabetes remedies today!